1. Avoids making eye contact with you despite the fact that you are looking directly at him.
2. He knows that you are looking at him instead tries to make eye contact with someone else, look at the ceiling or to another point in the room.
3. Stares at you with dead eyes and the corners of his mouth turned downward with compressed lips.
5. Turns his head and looks away while you are speaking.
1. Thrusts one or both hands into the pockets of his pants when talking to you.
2. Places his arms and hands against the chest and inserted the hands through the gaps made near the armpits.
3. Whether he’s sitting or standing, he keeps his legs closed tightly together or very far apart.
4. Leans back in his chair positioning himself at a distance from you.
Patti Wood, MA, Certified Speaking Professional - The Body Language Expert. For more body language insights go to her website at www.PattiWood.net. Check out Patti's website for her new book "SNAP, Making the Most of First Impressions, Body Language and Charisma" at www.snapfirstimpressions.com. Also check out Patti's YouTube channel at http://youtube.com/user/bodylanguageexpert.