1. In a pan sauté red onions in oil till a caramel color, (takes 10 to 15 minutes, set aside to cool completely. They cook the best in a cast iron skillet. ( I cook extra onions and freeze them for the next pizza)
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
3. Roll out dough on a floured surface to 1 inch thick. You can make it round or square all a matter of taste. ( I use gluten free dough)
4. Place on a pan that is dusted with corn meal.
5. Spread a thin coat of olive oil on dough.
6. Arrange goat cheese, figs cut side up, cooled onions around on crust.
7. Top with little chunks of goat cheese and fresh rosemary.( you can add Mozzarella if you like it extra cheesy)
8. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.