- Strap a flashlight or two into a belt and wrap tight with duct tape then put on a sheet with big eye holes. It gives a whole new meaning to ghost.
- Put your phone headset on your head. (One of the ones that goes over your head with the mike in front.) Put on oxford shirt and khakis and go around saying, "Please hold." And "how can I help you today?" To dress like tech support.
- Put white powder in your hair or grey wig, and strap, sew or hot glue office supplies to your body, a stapler, notebook, pens, paperclips and post its to your clothes and say you're an old desktop computer.
- If you're single, hot glue recipes and perhaps a measuring spoon and a whisk and such to an apron put it on over a white shirt and black pants say you're a chef looking for a food critic to cook for or that you're a future contestant for top chef and you would like to try out some recipes.
- Go to the dollar store or grocery store and get tons of boxes of Cracker Jack. Hot glue them to a buttoned shirt, tell people you're the Cracker Jack surprise.
- Carry an open newspaper and say you're the last subscriber to the daily paper. (Read the paper first as people will ask you what you've read)
- Dress in all deep purples and carry or attach a dinner knife, a bag of white bread and jar of peanut butter. You are a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
- Dress all in black (that can be fun) or brown attach or carry a coffee cup cream and sugar and say you're a cup of coffee.
- Find all the birthday cards around the house, hot glue them to an outfit, along with birthday candles, a paper table cloth and an empty box of cake mix and say you're a birthday party.
- Put a couch throw around your shoulders strap on a pillow from the sofa, a TV remote and some popcorn, and you're a couch potato.
Dress up like a witch, but instead of a broom bring a Swiffer or little vacuum to be a modern day witch.
Patti Wood, MA, Certified Speaking Professional - The Body Language Expert. For more body language insights go to her website at www.PattiWood.net. Check out Patti's website for her new book "SNAP, Making the Most of First Impressions, Body Language and Charisma" at www.snapfirstimpressions.com. Also check out Patti's YouTube channel at http://youtube.com/user/bodylanguageexpert.