Search This Blog

A Trick To Look More Confident When Your Speak



Years ago when I was teaching my nonverbal class at Florida State I consciously started using every principle to increase my confidence and look powerful.
I am 5 feet 2 and blonde so I needed some help to have any presence at all to my 150 to 200 students in dark staired seating auditorium in my nonverbal communication class. One of the power-boosting behaviors that I started doing that I use to this day is using the whole room! To this day I never stand behind a podium. I use the whole stage, and always come off the stage into the audience and go all the way to the back of the ballrooms!
I love being with my audience. I just sent my room set up for the opening speech I am giving and the client got excited that I wanted stairs to come down the front of the stage so I can easily go out into the audience! She said, she never had that request.
I love my work!
Patti Wood, MA - The Body Language Expert. For more body language insights go to her website at www.PattiWood.net. Check out Patti's website for her new book "SNAP, Making the Most of First Impressions, Body Language and Charisma" at www.snapfirstimpressions.com.